Couples experience many different emotions when dealing with a divorce or separation – anger, sadness, shame, anxiety, fear, failure, regret, guilt, and resentment – to name a few. It’s as if you are on an emotional rollercoaster asking yourself Where am I going? Who can I trust? How can I cope? The emotional overload that some couples experience while going through a divorce or separation can be overwhelming and, at times, too much to bear.
Divorce and separation counseling can help deal with some of the emotions and situations that are created when a relationship transitions toward a separation or divorce. Counseling that focuses on this unique and stressful time provides a supportive and therapeutic environment for both of you (or you by yourself) to help find your center again so that you can regain balance in your life.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Beginning the process of healing
- Thinking about new beginnings
- Regaining a sense of self
- Letting go of negativity and blame
- Managing emotions during the transition
- Coping with loneliness
- Introduction to blended families/step parenting (if applicable)
- How to communicate and support each other during the process
If you, or you and your partner, would like help with the issues related to the transition toward separation and/or divorce, please reach out to us at 913-343-4660, or complete the contact form found on this page.