Marriage can be one of the most rewarding and exciting adventures in life. But when unprepared, it can be one of the most challenging events as well. To increase marital success and happiness, couples need to have a strong foundation built on open and honest communication.
Premarital Counseling is a great opportunity for you and your partner to identify and address “sticking points” before you are married. You will learn how to communicate effectively and how to compromise and negotiate with one another. We will explore the major areas that often go undiscussed by couples while dating. During your Premarital counseling we will cover the following topics:
- Myths, beliefs and definitions of love
- How you met and what keeps you together
- Meaning, beliefs and expectations of marriage
- Leaving family of origin and creating a new family unit.
- Faith, family rituals, holidays
- Life-long goals as individuals, as a couple and as a family
- Communication styles & skills
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and compromise
- Sex & intimacy
- Children & parenting styles